PREPARING FOR YOUR STAY AT THE PINES
We have been working hard at updating our policies and procedures to ensure everyone can enjoy a much needed escape to the cottage.
In response to the virus we have had to alter our regular routines to respect government protocol and meet the requirements that are conditional upon our opening. These changes include some important requests for you.
Please read the following information carefully, especially if you have been with us before and have become accustomed to our previous system.
HEALTH & SAFETY
If you are feeling unwell or showing any signs of CoVID-19 we ask that you please stay home. We remain flexible and can move your booking to a different date. To ensure the safety of our staff and other guests, we will be requiring cabins to complete a screening questionnaire. We have a non-invasive forehead thermometer that takes less than 3 seconds should you need to have your temperature taken. We understand that it may feel like a cold and unwelcoming procedure to put in place but please know it is in everyone's best interest to keep our resort safe. Please note that if you test for a fever, or are exhibiting symptoms on your arrival you may be refused entry to The Pines.
A condition for staying open is that we follow ALL government health rules and regulations. This includes gathering sizes and composition. At this time, the Province of Ontario has increased social gatherings to 10 people. Please keep in mind that the physical distancing rules still apply. We request that you respect these limitations while visiting The Pines. Guests will be responsible for their own actions and consequences.
CHECK-IN/CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
In an effort to promote physical distancing we are trying to limit our face to face check in process. We are asking you to confirm that the credit card we have on file ending in XXXX is the card we can charge for your stay.
If not please contact with a credit card of choice otherwise what we have on file will be charged. We will not be accepting cash this year.
Guests are to find a staff member before entering their cabin to make sure it is cleaned and safe to do so. We will provide you with a quick tour outdoors if necessary where physical distancing can be maintained. The office is closed otherwise. Luggage carts will be available with disinfectant you can spray between uses. An information pack and disinfected key will be placed in the cabin.
Upon arrival you will also find a Guest Waiver and Questionnaire
in your cabin. You are to read and sign these immediately and return to the box outside the office.
The Guest Waiver will outline our policies while staying at The Pines and the questionnaire is the Covid 19 screening you need to complete. The registered guest needs to complete it on everyone's behalf and sign it. Should anyone become ill while stay at The Pines you are to notify the manager and leave immediately.
Check in time has been changed to 4pm. Please do not arrive early!
You may wish to enjoy downtown or go for a hike if you arrive early. Staff will not be available to assist guest until after 4pm and no bathroom will be available until you're able to enter your cabin. Check out time remains 10am or earlier.
Please respect check in/out times, as we need every moment we have in-between bookings for our additional cleaning routine.
For check out we will charge your credit card the night before departure. An invoice will be sent to you by email. If you are interested in rebooking for 2021 please ask a staff member to explore these options and book before departure day. Please notify a staff member once you have vacated your cabin. Please leave the key in your cabin and the door unlocked.
WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN THE CABINS
WHAT WE REQUEST THAT YOU BRING
- Linens & Towels: sheets, mattress pads, pillows, pillow protectors and cases, bath, hand and kitchen towels, face and dish cloths and oven mitts
- Kitchenware and appliances: pots, pans, cookie sheet, cake pan, cutting board, knives, ladle, wood spoons, whisk, spatula, peeler, lighter, scissors, tongs, flipper, serving spoon, cork screw, can opener, milk jug, juice jug, measuring cups, mixing bowls, ice cube trays, fat can, kettle, strainer, grater, dish rack, stove, microwave, fridge/freezer, toaster, coffee maker, fly swatter, fan, recycling box, fire extinguisher, flashlight. These items will be sanitized and disinfected between guest use.
- Cleaning Supplies: disinfectant, dish soap, all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, paper towel and garbage bags
- BBQs and propane on each cabin porch.
- Your cabin will be spotless. Prior to our routine cleaning of kitchens and bathrooms your cabin will be head to toe disinfected with Ecolab Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant. This EPA registered product quickly disinfects in 3-5 minutes (kills 99.999% germs) and kills Norovirus in as fast as 45 seconds.
- Our laundry will be sent out to be professionally laundered. Staff will wear PPE where and when required and will be required to wash their hands more frequently. We are a small team and will be taking your safety seriously and ask for the same in return.
CHANGES TO ON-SITE AMENITIES AND GUEST SERVICES
- Your own comforter/quilt/duvets or blankets. Unfortunately, we cannot clean these between each set of guests, so it is safest if everyone brings their own.
- Your own dishware. Plates, bowls, cups, wine glasses and cutlery will be removed from the cabins as we cannot clean these between turnovers. Pack your own roasting sticks too!
- As usual, guests are responsible for their own hand soap, shampoo, body soap and beach towels.
- Food and beverages from your regular grocery store and LCBO. In an effort to protect our community we are asking you to bring as many provisions from home as possible.
- We will be removing scouring pads, gloves, sponges from our cleaning caddies and you are welcome to bring your own.
- Each cabin will be credited $30 for the week for this service disruption.
Guests will be required to make their own beds and pullout sofas. Before leaving, guests will be required to bag all linens and towels in the supplied garbage bags and place them on their deck. If you are staying longer than a week we will provide you with new linens and towels but will not be servicing your cabins.
The Wifi Room will be closed to guests at this time. You will still be able to gain access outside the office in the meantime while respecting social distancing. You are welcome to park a chair in the front of the residence or sit on our new bench.
Due to the social nature of our programming it will have to be cancelled for the time being.
The campfire will be open (provided there isn't a fireban) and we will be looking to add another campfire at the beach to assist in maintaining social distancing. Please be courteous to all the guests in providing them a turn around the fire. You will need to bring your own roasting sticks.
Some of our guests have come accustomed from getting water from our "squirrel" tap in front of the residence. In the spirit of keeping everyone safe this will be shut off this year and guest will use the water in the cabins which is treated through our water system.
Pets significantly prolong our cleaning routine. It is important that pets stay off the furniture to assist with effectively cleaning the cabins. Drop cloths are to be used on the furniture and will be made available.
Guest will be welcome to use our waterfront. Some amenities will be removed this year while others will be available to guest to use at their own discretion.
- The water trampoline, swim raft and motor boat will be removed this year due to the nature and challenge of being able to properly disinfect it.
- Canoes, kayaks, pedal boats, paddles, life jackets, badminton, horseshoes, playground equipment and beach chairs will be available to guests. Disinfectant bottles will be available at the beach and we will ask guest to follow a "gym-like" policy where you spray down your equipment and put it away when you are done. You can also disinfect before using the equipment as an extra precaution. If you are more comfortable you can of course bring your own. Each cabin will also have its own deck chairs you can bring down to the beach for your own personal use.
- Social Distancing is still in effect and rely on guest to use their best judgment and make sure they are not effecting another guest's stay or comfort level. We have lots of space at the beach and can look to spread out.
If a maintenance need is required in the cabin we will first try and walk you through it if possible. If the problem requires a staff member to enter we will ask that you vacate your cabin while we are tending to your cabin and if that isn't possible we will enter wearing appropriate PPE.
We're still here to support your stay! If you need advice on trails or attractions, we will be available onsite to assist. The office will remain closed but you can come to the door where we can assist you through the window or out on the grounds. Molly Laurence is the Manager and available to you throughout the day and Morwen Galway is the onsite manager who is available in the evening and after hours.
If you have any questions or concerns about your stay before your arrival please feel free to contact us.
We will send you a copy of our Guest Registration Waiver and Pet Waiver the day before arrival for you to review. Occupation of the cabin will be acceptance of our terms.
Looking forward to welcoming you.
The Pines Cottage Resort